Greater than 1 minutes
Over the last few years, I have been writing on a blog that some of you might have heard of, “Which translates to….” (unusual name for a blog, right?) which I have decided to put “to rest” until I decide what’s my next step as far as writing and/or blogging is concerned. I still write but right now I feel the need to read a lot more and focus on other priorities.
Anyway, what I am sharing with you today is based on a post of mine from the blog called “15 slogans inspired by freelance translation” which went viral.
This is not a copy of that post. I am rewriting it (a term I love to use) adding a few more things.
These are all phrases I would have never come round to think about if it wasn’t for the experience as a freelancer and a parent.
Here they are:
- It’s never too (trans) late
- When the cat’s away, the mice will translate
- Translation is embedded into life. The things we say or do often get translated, mistranslated or completely lost in translation.
- Freelance translator: Owner of a life between deadlines, coffee cups and hopes for a better pay.
- The future is out there.
- Coffee (or tea) is a translator’s best friend.
- Having trouble with a foreign text? Hiring a professional translator is what you should do first.
- Translators rewrite the world.
- Freelancing and raising kids on a budget isn’t as hard as you think. It’s actually a lot harder.
- Baby-sitter: Someone you just have to do without.
- Cleaning lady: Someone you just have to do without.
- Nobody is going to wait until you are ready so forget about not being ready and follow your dream now.
- All professional translators meet deadlines. Extrovert ones also meet direct clients.
- The text is yet to come.
- Timelines are forever. Your life is now.
- Translation makes you a better writer.
- Words bring change by being changed.
- Don’t copy the original. Be original in your copy.
Thank you for reading.