Greater than 1 minutes
Elena and Emeline had a great blab a few weeks ago and we didn’t have the time to publish some show notes right away, so let me rectify this with this post.
Emeline is a freelance translator working from English and Spanish into French. She specializes in marketing/business, health and creative texts. She is passionate about social media and meeting new colleagues.
In this episode Emeline and Elena talk about the following topics:
Collaboration with colleagues and networking
- Online: Twitter, Facebook groups, through blog comments
- Offline: through your national association, freelancer initiatives (events, training, lunches)
- Mentoring schemes too!
Why collaboration is important
- Less isolation: other translators get you like no one else, they understand what you go through on a daily basis, and can relate. You also get a bigger picture of the industry you work in!
- Stronger together! We are NOT enemies
- Learning experience
- Building a network
- More chances of getting referred for a job
- You can recommend other translators to your clients if need be
- It’s a whole lot of fun
… and much more!
Listen to the audio:
By the way, we’re also on iTunes! Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review!
Watch the video
Thank you so much for watching and see you guys next week!
P.S.: If you don’t want to miss all the fun you can hop on our mailing list. That way you’ll never miss another episode. Use the form below to subscribe :)