Greater than 1 minutes
Last Wednesday our guest was Nikki Graham, a proofeditor and Spanish to English translator and reviser who lives in the tourist town of Bournemouth on the south coast of England.
I’m sure many of you know Nikki for her amazing resource pages for translators ranging from an extensive blogroll to an impressive list of MA programs.
In this episode you will learn:
- How the ideas for creating each of the pages appeared
- Who the pages are for
- How much work does is take to create a useful resource page
- How you can write a guest post for Nikki’s blogand also…
- How peer pressure may influence the way we see ourselves
- Why it could be a good idea to spend less time on Facebook
- Why we might want to focus our attention on being good translators, and not entrepreneurs as we often hear now
…and much more!
Listen to the audio:
By the way, we’re also on iTunes! Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review!
Watch the video:
Useful links and resources:
Links & Tips for New Translators:
Time to Reverso your Use of Linguee? (most popular post on Nikki’s blog that is not a resource page, but it’s on resources)
Page with list of all guest posts and instructions on how to write for the blog
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and colleagues![clickToTweet tweet=”Learn how @Nikki_Graham creates amazing pages with resources for translators. #xl8 #t9n” quote=”Learn how @Nikki_Graham creates amazing pages with resources for translators. #xl8 #t9n”]