How to republish articles from your personal or company blog on The Open Mic
As you probably know, The Open Mic tries to create a unique place where every single translator will be able to find the spot-on advice from people who deeply care about this profession.
Plus we also love sharing useful pieces of advise for clients and anyone who’s looking for translators and wants to learn more about our profession.
As we wrote in this other blog post, republishing your content is a great idea. If you’re a blogger you should check this article out.
Today we’re going to show you how you can help make The Open Mic a little bit better by sharing your older content.
Despite the popular belief, it’s actually super easy and only takes a few minutes of your time. Which is not that bad considering how impactful and important your contribution can be.
So I decided to take one of my older articles, that I wrote on the Best Russian Translator.
The article is called: Are You A Translator? Then Start Writing!
It was published on July 18, 2015, and it was shared nearly 400 times on various social networks.
So I’m going to show how you can easily republish your older content on The Open Mic.
As easy as copy-pasting
In most cases it all that takes, really.
- Sign up for a free account if you haven’t done so yet.
- Login to your account and click a big green button in the menu that says Publish article.
- Copy-paste the title of your article.
- Write a short subtitle if you like (or you can leave it empty).
- Copy-paste the content of your article into the Content Area on The Open Mic (yes, you can copy your whole article in here).
- Add a Featured Image, select a category, and add tags.
- Add Focus Keyword and fill out the Title and Description for SEO (optional).
- Don’t forget to add a link to your original article!
- Save as Draft and hit Preview, to make sure everything looks OK.
- Hit Submit.
- You story is now live! Here’s a Thank You message that you’ll see:
It took me 2 minutes 🙂
And this is how the final article looks like on The Open Mic: https://theopenmic.co/are-you-a-translator-then-start-writing/
Now that’s something that is easy to fit into your busy schedule, right? 😉
But wait, there’s more…
Remember you’ve added a link to the original.
There’s a reason for that.
The Open Mic uses this link as a Canonical URL.
Simply put, when Google finds your story on The Open Mic, The Open Mic says:
“Hey, Google! Thanks for stopping by and reading this awesome story. Just so you know, we’re not the original authors of this content, but here’s a link. So why don’t you go to that amazing blogger’s website and give them all your search engine love? Thank you!”
And just like that The Open Mic solves the duplicate content problem.
So, to sum up: you won’t be penalized for republishing your content on The Open Mic.
On the contrary – The Open Mic gives you an extra distribution channel that can help you to:
- Promote great content for free;
- Find new audience;
- Improve your SEO;
- Contribute to the greater cause of helping and educating newbie translators and first-time translation buyers;
- Make our industry a little bit better by sharing and spreading great knowledge;
Oh, did we tell you that by republishing your blog posts on The Open Mic you also earn cool badges, take a look at Elena’s profile, for example:
We know, maybe these badges are silly, but we love them! 🙂
So what do you say?
Let’s make The Open Mic a little bit better?