Greater than 2 minutes
This weekend (or on September 30th to be precise) the world will be celebrating International Translation Day.
We’d like to take this opportunity and wish all our colleagues and members of this wonderful community a Happy International Translation Day!
We hope that your inbox will always be full of exciting projects from your dream clients, that you’ll always have time for your friends and family and that you’ll achieve all your career goals that you’ve set for yourself.[clickToTweet tweet=”The world is a beautiful, interconnected place thanks to the mastery of wonderful translators who work hard every single day and help build a better future.” quote=”The world is a beautiful, interconnected place thanks to the mastery of wonderful translators who work hard every single day and help build a better future.”]
We help people overcome language barriers, understand the true meaning and value of words.
The world wouldn’t be the same without us!
No matter where you’re on your professional journey we’re wishing you the best of luck!
Here’s to your prosperous and successful career, friend! 🍻🍻🍻
Making Translators Visible on International Translation Day
To celebrate our day we have prepared a social media initiative that aims to improve the visibility of translators around the globe.
The goal is very simple: let more people know that we exist and tell them about the wonderful work that we do.
So, how can we do it?
Simple: by telling everyone who we are and what we do.
To make things more fun and engaging we encourage everyone to use a very special hashtag: #MeetTheTranslator
How to Participate in This Initiative
Here are a few simple steps how you can participate and help us make translators more visible.
1) Go to your favorite social media site.
2) Write a post about yourself and tell everyone your name, your languages, who you help (types of clients you work with) and where people can see your work (for example, you could talk about a book, a video game or website/app that you helped translate).
3) Use #MeetTheTranslator so everyone could easily find you and discover other translators using the same hashtag.
4) We’ll do our best to re-tweet and share your stories from our social media accounts.
5) Use the hashtag yourself to find other translators celebrating Intentional Translation Day, retweet or share their stories on your own social media
Here’s a quick example of what it might look like:
Feel free to join us and share your story on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn and don’t forget to share the #MeetTheTranslator to make it easier for everyone to discover amazing translators around the globe.
Let’s make our profession more visible together!
Happy International Translation Day, dear friends and colleagues!