Greater than 1 minutes
Proudly sponsored by Smartcat. Smartcat makes it easy for companies and translators to connect with clients and find more work.
Last week we had a terrific webinar with Teresa Sousa. We talked about project management and how PM skills can help you take your business to another level.
Watch on YouTube
Listen on SoundCloud
Or if you’re super busy, you can check out some of the highlights below.
Highlights of the Show
1) What project management techniques can help translators in their work? (view answer)
2) How can translator benefit from using project management tools? (view answer)
3) What are the main qualities translators should have that will help them organize their work more effectively and get more direct clients?? (view answer)
You can watch the replay of the entire episode right here.
Teresa has been working in the translation industry for over 12 years, having worked as a project manager for a Portuguese translation company before she decided to work as a freelance translator from English and German into European Portuguese.
She has recently created a small company, focusing mainly on creative translation for the fashion, tourism, automotive and interior design industries.
In cooperation with two other fellow translators she has published an ebook, “Beginning, Middle and End: How to Be a Managing Translator and Deal Effectively With Your Projects” about the advantages of using project management tools and techniques while working as a freelance translator.
In this episode you will learn:
- What is PMI certification and what are the challenges and advantages of getting it;
- What the translation process entails;
- What project management tools and techniques can help freelance translators thrive;
Useful Links and Resources
P.S.: As always, sharing is caring, so if you really enjoyed watching this episode, make sure you click one of those social-sharing buttons below.
Hugs from Toronto and Nizhny Novgorod!