Greater than 2 minutes
Proudly sponsored by SmartCAT — the Free Translation Platform! You can learn more about SmartCAT here.
I hope you’re having a lovely day!
Last week we had a real blast talking to Jesse Tomlinson, a Spanish and English interpreter and literary translator from Mexico.
Jesse’s energy and passion for her work was truly inspiring and I’d even say contagious. You definitely don’t want to miss this episode.
You can watch the replay right here.
You can also watch/listen on YouTube or SoundCloud below.
Watch on YouTube
Listen on SoundCloud
Or if you’re super busy, you can check out some of the highlights below.
Highlights of the Show
1) Jesse shares her tips on finding direct clients and figuring out who they are
2) Jesse explains how you can get in touch with direct clients
3) Jesse explains how liaison interpreting is different from other types of interpreting
To watch the entire episode simply click this link.
Jesse Tomlinson is a Spanish and English interpreter and literary translator. She lives in Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco Mexico. Jesse covers simultaneous, consecutive and whispering/chuchotage modes of interpreting and is a liaison and media interpreter.
Her translation activities are focused on literary and marketing texts. Her publications include The Consummate Art of Dreaming (2016) and From Jubilation to Passion, the art of Maximino Javier (2015) published by Black Coffee Gallery, and Tesoros de México Hoteles y Restaurantes (2015) published by the Ministry of Tourism.
Jesse Tomlinson is a perito traductor (expert translator) certified by the Judiciary Council of the state of Jalisco since 2013.
In this episode you will learn:
- What is a liaison interpreter and how liaison interpreting is different from other types of interpreting;
- How to manage different work demands and loads while diversifying your income streams;
- Tips and tricks of finding direct clients and working with them;
…and much more!
Useful Links and Resources
Jesse was kind enough to share these valuable resources:
P.S.: As always, sharing is caring! Please, help us spread the word about our show by clicking one of those buttons bellow. Thanks!
Hugs from Toronto and Nizhny Novgorod!