I’m a native English-Russian translator focused on legal and promotional texts. I seek excellence in delivering smart translation that adds value.
I graduated from St. Petersburg University with a linguistics diploma and worked as a translator and interpreter. I felt something was missing, so I returned to University to take a master-degree course in marketing and public relations and a course in comparative law. As a content writer, I worked in the legal and consumer sectors and helped to create the best consumer experience. Something was missing again. With a passion for translation, I decided to leverage my experience in both areas. I took an advanced marketing translation course and discovered the exciting potential of transcreation.
What is added value translation? My quality standards.
• Translate ideas in the context of culture. This applies both to legal and promotional texts, which may become meaningless if translated without regard to the cultural context.
• Deliver deep work tailored to individual needs. Deep work means it is rare, high-value, and non-replicable. Tailored translation means keeping the original tone of voice and making it sound natural in a different culture.
• Expand subject-matter expertise. Continuous learning is my passion. I communicate with my colleagues who are experts in law and digital marketing and turn to them for help when in doubt.
• Deliberately practice writing in cooperation with editors and industry experts to hone my writing and language skills and subject-matter knowledge. I write articles in Russian related to the knowledge economy, personal branding, and personal performance. I’m fond of content curation and give a personal touch to meaningful information and insights.
• Protect clients’ privacy and security. I believe new Europe’s GDPRs are reasonable rules to follow for both sides of a translation project.
• Be friends with machines to prevent them from controlling my work. I use translator’s tools and CATs to focus on my work and delegate routine tasks to machines. This saves a lot of time!
To be continued! I’m happy that no one is perfect and I have a great time ahead seeking excellence. Looking forward to working with you to deliver the best possible results for both of us!