Greater than 1 minutes
The Open Mic has just launched a funding campaign, to take this community and platform to the next level: all info here.
Dmitry, the founder of The Open Mic, asked me to share the reasons why I decided to take him up on his request and donate. The reasons which came to mind are many, so I thought to share them with everybody. And hope to hear yours too soon.
So, why did I donate?
- The Open Mic inspired me to revamp my blog and ultimately to write again, to write more.
- The reach it offers is wide. When I publish posts in English on my blog, I always re-post them on The Open Mic, because the reach gets multiplied: by the system itself and by the fellow translators who like the article and share it on the social media.
- The platform is super user-friendly, so all you have to do is actually gather your thoughts and write.
- This community gives us translators and writers the opportunity to show off our skills, to talk about what we do and how we do it. It is a further and extensive opportunity to let the customers know what we can do for them and why they should choose us.
It gives a voice to our profession. And most importantly, it allows us to shape the conversation.
- I learned a lot, and keep doing it, from the posts published daily from my fellow translators. Each of us has their personal and professional history and by sharing it we grow, develop, mentor and learn. This is continuous development spread out in hundreds of articles, tips, skills. ALL FOR FREE.
Donating means taking the project to the next step, in terms of tools, reach, usability, interaction with customers and third parties. With just 24 dollars each we can make this happen. It is a tiny sum. It is an opportunity to give something back and start thinking bigger.