Greater than 3 minutes, my friend!
As some of you might have noticed a few months ago we soft-launched a new Start a Project feature that allows clients create a free account on The Open Mic.
Now any client looking for professional translators can easily use our platform and browse through our directory.
Here’s a closer look at our brand new landing page:
Making it easy for potential clients to find and contact translators has always been one of our main goals (along with promoting knowledge-sharing in our community).
Today we’re happy to announce that The Open Mic for clients is live! 🎉😍👏
What Does It Mean for Clients?
Are you looking for professional translators?
Well, you’re in good company. 😉
We offer 2 great options:
- Sign up for a free client account right here and get an instant access to our directory with 2,600+ translators;
- OR contact our team and one of our dedicated project managers will help you find your perfect match;
If you choose to create a free account you’ll be able to:
- Browse through our impressive directory;
- Use flexible search filters to find the right translator for your project;
- View profiles of our members;
- Send private messages and discuss project details with your translators using our messaging system;
- Read reviews and feedback of other clients about translators;
We now also offer on-demand project management services for busy clients (great for clients who have never hired a translator before and don’t know where to start).
All you have to do is fill out this simple form and one of our project managers will help you:
- Prepare your project for translation;
- Evaluate your project requirements and prepare an estimate;
- Find a perfect translator for your project (we tap into our community to find the best translator based on their expertise and availability);
- Securely handle payments via PayPal or Stripe;
- Manage your project and ensure clear communication between you and our translation team (via Slack);
And much more!
Why The Open Mic?
The Open Mic has been around since 2015 and we have built an incredible translation community with a strong focus on knowledge-sharing and transparency.
We love promoting the image of our beautiful profession and we understand how important and valuable our services are to our clients.
We hope that by creating this simple, friendly and engaging environment we’ll help small and medium-sized businesses from around the world connect with the right talent every single time.
Our platform is very intuitive and our project managers are always happy to help.
What Does It Mean for Translators?
If you’re a member of The Open Mic and you’d like to connect and collaborate with clients on our platform, make sure your profile is 100% complete.
Our clients and project managers will be using our massive directory to find translators for their projects.
A complete and regularly updated profile increases your chances of being found.
Also: don’t forget to ask your clients to leave you a testimonial on The Open Mic.
We have a very simple, yet highly effective 5-star rating system on The Open Mic.
You can now invite your existing clients to create a free account on The Open Mic and leave you a glowing testimonial.
We even prepared a handy template that you can use.
The more positive reviews you get the higher you’ll rank in our directory.
Are You a Translation Agency or a Project Manager?
You’re welcome to try The Open Mic too!
We have created profiles both for Translation Agencies and Project Managers of translation agencies.
Feel free to create a free account on our client registration page. Just select a Translation Agency or a Project Manager account when signing up.
With your new account you’ll be able to:
- Browse through our directory and use smart search filters;
- View profiles of our members and send direct messages;
- Send bulk messages to groups of translators who match your search parameters;
- Post your translation jobs which we’ll share directly on our forum and across our social media channels;
and much more!
The Open Mic is a community-driven project.
We absolutely LOVE listening to your feedback and ideas, that’s why we’ve created this page where you can share your feedback.
You can also upvote the existing ideas and leave comments.
And, as always, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section bellow! Please share your thoughts or feel free to ask any questions.
Hugs from Toronto!