Greater than 1 minutes
We use our skills to connect people and build bridges between cultures.
We can also use them to help those in need and make their life in a new and unfamiliar environment easier.
In this episode a US-based Arabic into English translator Carissa Skrivanek shares her experience of being a refugee mentor.
In this episode you will learn:
- What a refugee mentor does
- What are some of the problems refugees have to deal with
- What kind of activities a refugee mentor can do with refugees
- How you can get involved in helping refugees
- How being a refugee mentor can enrich your life
…and much more!
Listen to the audio:
By the way, we’re also on iTunes! Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review!
Watch the video:
Useful links and resources:
The below two links were provided by our viewer, Andrea Spila:
An article on importance of translation tools for refugees
Clowns without Borders (a non-profit organization which offers “resilience through laughter”)
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and colleagues and see you this Wednesday!