Greater than 2 minutes
Proudly sponsored by smartCAT — a free online CAT tool and a marketplace to get you new translation jobs. Learn more here.
I hope you’re having a lovely day!
Last week we had a fantastic and super-informative webinar with Sijin Xian.
Sijin shared her experience of taking (and successfully passing) the computerized ATA certification exam. We talked about some common mistakes that translators could make during the exam as well as some ways to prepare for the exam.
You can watch the replay right here.
You can also watch/listen on YouTube or SoundCloud below.
Watch on YouTube
Listen on SoundCloud
Or if you’re super busy, you can check out some of the highlights below.
Highlights of the Show
1) Are there any prerequisites to take the ATA certification exam? (view answer)
2) What was it like to take the computerized ATA certification exam? (view answer)
3) What are some of the ways to prepare for the ATA certification exam? (view answer)
To watch the entire episode simply click this link.
Born and raised in Sichuan, China, Sijin now lives in Maryland, United States with her Prince Charming, aka husband. She holds a B.A in English from Sichuan International Studies University and an M.A. in international affairs from American University in Washington D.C., where she also worked as a research assistant.
In this episode you will learn:
- What it’l like to take the computerized ATA certification exam;
- What difference make the changes introduced in 2017;
- Some of the ways to prepare for the ATA certification exam;
Useful Links and Resources
1) ATA certification exam overview
2) Examples of permitted & forbidden online resources for the computerized exam
3) New changes to the certification exam starting in 2017
4) Practice test
5) Exam sittings
P.S.: As always, sharing is caring, so if you really enjoyed watching this episode, make sure you click one of those social-sharing buttons below.
Hugs from Toronto and Nizhny Novgorod!
Oh, almost forgot: we’re still looking for guests for this and upcoming seasons of our show. Do you have the X-Factor or know someone who could make a great guest?
Help us out by filling out this form. 👈