Greater than 1 minutes
Proudly sponsored by Smartcat. Smartcat makes it easy for companies and translators to connect and collaborate.
Today we had a ton of fun talking to Patricia Brenes about the importance of terminology and blogging. Check out the recordings below if you missed it.
Watch on YouTube
Listen on SoundCloud
Or if you’re super busy, you can check out some of the highlights below.
Highlights of the Show
1) How does information on terminology help translators in their work? (view answer)
2) How to write something informative every single time? (view answer)
3) What are the career opportunities for a terminologist? (view answer)
You can watch the replay of the entire episode right here.
Patricia works in an international organization in Washington, D.C. She has a Master’s Degree in Specialized Translation from the University of Vic in Barcelona and is certified by ECQA as Terminology Manager (TermNet, Vienna).
After realizing that there was a limited availability of resources and information for linguists and others interested in the field, Patricia decided to start her own terminology blog with resources and information: www.inmyownterms.com (Terminology for Beginners and Beyond). She recently published a free eBook called “Terminology for Beginners”, a collection of her blog posts presenting the basics on Terminology.
In this episode you will learn:
- How terminology can help you advance your career as a translator;
- Why blogging is a great way to raise your visibility;
- Where you can find information on terminology;
…and much more!
Useful Links and Resources
P.S.: As always, sharing is caring, so if you really enjoyed watching this episode, make sure you click one of those social-sharing buttons below.
Hugs from Toronto and Nizhny Novgorod!